The Mamatouille family loves pasta, though the Mamatouille kiddiewinks lately say they're loving quinoa more. Whatever floats your plate!
I made this up for a dinner recently and then made it again about a week later when we had friends over for lunch.
- 2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- shiitake mushrooms, chopped
- sliced button mushrooms
- a big handful of fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- fresh rosemary from the front porch
- dried oregano
- dried Italian mixed herbs
- white wine or sake
- chopped artichoke hearts
- goats cheese and red pepper flakes for topping
- gluten-free pasta
Cook that pasta.
In a frying pan, saute the chicken, onions, and garlic in olive oil, then throw in the mushrooms, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, spices, and white wine or sake (enough to simmer in, but not enough to make it soupy).
Pour the chicken-veggie mixture into the pot of drained pasta, and mix it well. Plate it up with goat cheese and red pepper flakes, if desired. The Mamatouille Beans did not desire the red pepper flakes.