I'm not sure if I got this recipe from the show "Nadiya Bakes" or "Nadiya's Time to Eat," but it's lovely and it disappears in one sitting down our four gullets. I've amended it just slightly.
- 1 white potato
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 t. paprika
- 1 T. garlic powder
- 1 T. onion granules (I left these out because I didn't have any)
- 1 t. sea salt
- 40 g flour (I used 20 g rice flour + 20 g almond flour)
- 6 eggs
- 200 ml milk (I used soy)
- 150 g grated cheese (I used soy "cheese")
- (optional extra: I thought I might add a teaspoon or so of nutritional yeast powder next time to give it an even bigger cheesy taste)
- chopped chives or green onions
Grate the potatoes (no need to peel) over a tea towel and then squeeze the liquid out. Put the drained grated potatoes in a big bowl and add the paprika, garlic powder, onion granules if you have them, sea salt, flour, and 1 egg. With your hands, squish it all together.
Grease a pie plate and mash the potato mixture in using a round jar with a flat bottom. Bake it at 170 C about 13 minutes or until a little bit crispy. Beat an egg and put an egg wash all over the crust, then bake 5 minutes more.
Beat together 200 ml of milk and 4 eggs. You could season with a little salt and pepper at this point.
Put the grated cheese into the bottom of the crust, pour the egg and milk mixture over, then sprinkle with green onions or chives. I cover my crust with a lovely red silicone crust cover so it doesn't burn.
Bake at 160 C for about 30 minutes (might need more). Let it rest for 30 minutes out of the oven, then dive in!