I got some Alaskan wild-caught salmon from our local butcher the other day and as my mind is always working overtime in the food department, I threw together a sweet-spicy blackcurrant puree to bless the fish (and our tummies).
- about 1 cup fresh blackcurrants
- a splash of real maple syrup
- about 1.5 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- dash each of salt and pepper
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
To a blender, add the fruit, syrup, ginger, spices, and enough water to make a puree. Blend on the "sauce" setting, if you have one, till smooth.
Add the puree to a small saucepan and warm on low, adding in a drizzle of balsamic vinegar at the end.
On a scale of 1 to 10? 9.824!