- 3 cans salmon (180 g or 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup okara (soy pulp) or whatever binding agent/breadcrumbs you like
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- flaxseed meal for coating
- grapeseed oil for frying
Break the salmon up (I also crush the bones), add everything except for the flaxseed meal and grapeseed oil, and mash it together with your fingers. Form into patties, coat with the flaxseed meal, and fry in the oil.
This fed four people for dinner, along with a little bit of corn on the cob, rice cooked with sweet potato chunks, and some sliced tomato and beansprouts.
But next time, I want that burning in my nose from the wasabi. This just didn't do it. More wasabi, please!