Yep, you read that right, folks!
I loosely based it on Eat Drink Smile's cauliflower crust, but made it my own and we will be putting this in our tummies quite often from here on out.
- 2 1/2 c. cooked cauliflower (after processing and microwaving)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 c. cornmeal
- 1 c. Daiya mozzarella
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 t. Italian seasoning (rosemary, savory, basil, marjoram, and oregano)
- 1/2 t. salt
- olive oil for brushing on just before baking
Wash and chop your precious cauliflower (one of my favorite veggies!), then process till grainy and not mushy. Put into a microwave-safe bowl, cover, and microwave 7.5 minutes. Preheat your oven to 450 F, spray a cookie sheet with oil, and add your eggs, cornmeal, mozzarella, garlic, spices, and salt to the cooked cauliflower. Press into the pan and brush with olive oil.
Bake about 15 minutes. Then add sauce...
For the sauce, you'll need (I base it on this recipe):
- 1 small can tomato paste (4.5 oz.)
- enough water to make a smooth sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 t. Italian seasonings
- sugar to taste (I use about 1/2 t.)
- dash of pepper
Add the toppings of your choice and some more Daiya mozzarella on top, a sprinkling of Italian seasoning, and it's going to grab you and never let you go.
I had some cooked cauliflower left over (I had a big head) and I froze it. Will let you know when I make my next lovely pizzer (as my grandma calls it)!