There were three of us eating these, and I also made homemade sweet potato and white potato mash to eat alongside. This recipe is easily doubled or tripled as needed.
- 1 (180-g) can bone-in salmon (break up the salmon and crush the bones with your fingers)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 - 1/2 C. almond flour, as needed for binding
- 1 T. yuzu juice
- 2 T. Japanese mayo (they use rice vinegar, which adds a nice tang)
- 1/2 t. onion powder
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/2 t. coarse salt
- 1/4 t. coarse black pepper
- 1 t. dried parsley
- 1/8 C. chopped green onion (can use frozen straight from the freezer)
- rice breadcrumbs or cornmeal for coating the burgers
- olive oil for frying
Mix it all up nice and easy in a glass mixing bowl, or whatever you've got, then form into patties and roll in your rice breadcrumbs or your cornmeal. Fry over medium heat in a frying pan until crispy and brown on each side.
Enjoy with some ketchup and your two favorite Beans. Beware: they'll want seconds!