So anyway, I've been riffing on microwave mug muffins in my ovenless kitchen for many months now.
And yuzu fruit is my favorite lately--I use it on fish, in sauteed greens, in desserts. You name it, it's got yuzu in it. (My preciouses.)
- a greased mug
- a beaten egg
- 3 T. almond flour
- 1/4 t. each cinnamon and powdered ginger
- a dash of nutmeg
- 1 T. melted butter
- a spoon of honey and maybe a sprinkle of dehydrated 100% maple syrup flakes, if you have a Canadian friend who shares (luckily I do)
- a splash of vanilla extract
- a pinch each of salt and baking powder
- 1 t. yuzu juice
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
Using a wire whisk, beat all the ingredients together, then stir in the blueberries at the end with a spoon.
Microwave a couple of minutes, and presto! Pour on your favorite kind of milk (I use soy or almond), then spoon into your gob. Yummeroony. Blueberries and citrus just go crazy together.