Sweet potatoes in Japan are purple on the outside, pale yellow on the inside, and great for topping with sloppy joe mix!
Here's a Mamatouille original. (Feeds six easily.)
- sweet potatoes, cooked (I don't have an oven so I use my microwave)
- salt and pepper to taste, for the sweet potatoes
- butter, for the sweet potatoes
- 700 g ground beef
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 3/4 t. Japanese ground spicy mustard
- 1 1/2 t. sugar
- 3 T. apple cider vinegar
- 3 T. tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf, torn in half
- olive oil
- a puree (done in the food processor) of 1/4 sweet pepper (yellow, red, green, or orange), 2 celery sticks, 1/8 purple cabbage, 4 cloves garlic, 1/2 - 1 onion, 1 carrot
Saute the veggie puree in olive oil till almost soft, add the ground beef and stir and cook till no longer pink. Add the rest of the ingredients, plus a bit of water if needed to make it saucy.
Serve over sweet potatoes that have been doctored with butter, salt, and pepper, and enjoy with the familytouille.
Post a Comment