This salad is what you make when you don't have any greens in the house for a green smoothie but you want something fresh and as raw as possible--I usually add pineapple but had none, and this time threw in some freshly grated ginger, which was absolutely superb and was a perfect complement to the rest of the ingredients.
- 6 shredded carrots
- 2 Braeburn apples, peeled and chopped (or your favorite apple breed)
- 1/2 c. raisins (Why do organic raisins say to refrigerate? Poo on that.)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 c. mayo (I buy the kind made with olive oil)
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- few squeezes of honey
Mix all together and enjoy!