Here's the recipe, in Nobue's own words:
1. Cut fish (either Tara “cod” or salmon) into bite-size pieces, season with salt and pepper, dredge in flour and fry.
2. Cut onions into fine strips.
3. Cut carrots and potatoes.
4. Cook onions with 2 tablespoons of butter until wilted.
5. Add another 2 or 3 tablespoons of butter, put carrot and potatoes, and cook more. Add 4 tablespoons of flour and reduce heat to low for 2-3 min.
6. Pour bouillon soup and bay leaf and boil gently until the potatoes is cooked. Add seafood and fish, add some milk, and cook gently.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
I also added some little baby frozen shrimp. Man alive, this is more-ish! I can imagine it with some of those little stop-sign-shaped crackers they used to serve in restaurants with fishy soups. Remember those?