- about 5 small white potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 Japanese kabocha, chopped and with skin left on
- milk (I used soy)
- butter (about 2 or 3 tablespoons)
- salt and pepper
- ground beef and pork mixture (about 600 grams)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 or 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- parsley for sprinkling
Boil the potatoes and kabocha together, then drain, mash, and add some milk, salt, pepper, and a dash of nutmeg.
In a frying pan, cook the onion, carrot, garlic, and sweet pepper till soft, then add in the ground beef and pork, ketchup, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Cook till the meat is cooked through.
In an oven-safe pan, put the meat mixture in the bottom, spread the mash on top and sprinkle with parsley. Dot with bits of butter and bake for 30 minutes at 180 C.