I made up a recipe just for him, and now I will share it with you (even if it isn't your birthday).
- a (greased) mug, of course
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed (or other neutral-flavored) oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of baking soda
- frozen-and-defrosted chopped strawberries (or double the amount of fresh, but boy howdy, the fresh ones are expensive in Japan right now)
- fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sifted dark unsweetened fair-trade cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
Grab your partner (erm, greased mug), swing him round and round, and land him gently on your biggest work space. (If you live in Japan, granted, it won't be very spacious.)
Beat an egg in the mug, then stir in the oil, salt, baking soda, defrosted and chopped strawberries, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and almond flour. Stir well and lick that spoon because eggs are so nice in Japan you don't have to worry about salmonella.
Cook in your microwave for a couple minutes, then splash with some soy (or other dairy-free) milk, if you like.
Top with fresh strawberries and birthday candles. Eat with a spoon, but don't forget to take the candle wax out first.