Rather than making a casserole and peeling potatoes to mash them, I threw the meat-veggie sauce on top of microwave-baked taters. Feel free to use your proper oven as you have time. I was in a bit of a rush. (The sauce would probably be even better if you got it going and let it simmer while you actually baked real baked potatoes.)
- about 450 g (1 lb.) ground beef/pork mixture
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1/4 head of cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 small bag (250 g) frozen peas
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons chunky sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- shake of cayenne pepper for warmth
Saute your onion and garlic in olive oil till toasty and fragrant and soft, toss in the cabbage till wilted, then add the beef/pork and stir till broken up and browned. Throw in the peas, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, ketchup, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Let it bubble while you deal with your potatoes (1 per person).
When soft, split a potato on each plate, dollop a little butter and sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Cover with a heaping spoonful (or several) of meat sauce.
This'll warm yer bones.