- Walking. We try to do this as often as possible, and up and over mountains is even better.
- Using our trampoline (or rebounding, as it's now called). We've got a mini one, and I do at least 500 jumps at one time, making up different crazy ways to dance, jump, and swing my arms. It really does bring me joy!
- Pete Egoscue's book and/or CD called Pain Free. We couldn't do without our maintenance routine, and when we have specific pain (neck, back, shoulder, knee, etc.), there's a chapter for each part of the body and stretches specific to those areas.
- Boswellia and curcumin: natural herbal anti-inflammatories that work like magic. Curcumin is also called turmeric, so make lots of curry and throw tons of that great stuff in there.
- Gelatin: this stuff is wondrous. One of our sons has ligament laxity, and as a result of taking gelatin every day, he's now really strong and his ligament laxity seems nonexistent. No more wobbly body for him. Also, I used to wake up during the night, hardly able to move or turn over because of my lower back pain. After we started taking gelatin, I haven't had this problem at all. I heat up a half a mug of veggie/fruit juice (I actually just use water for me) and dissolve a packet with 5 grams of gelatin in each one at breakfast time, just once a day. You can put gelatin in when you're cooking your rice or a stew, or you could actually make some homemade jello with fruit juice.
- Seven-minute workout: this workout right here. It's grand! (No gym required.)
- Swimming and sitting in Japanese hot tubs work great, too, when you can indulge.
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
natural pain management (with help from my kitchen, of course)
Posted by Abigail (aka Mamatouille) at 4:21 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for this, Abigail! It's helped me and will help many others I believe! I forgot to jump on the trampoline! Next time I hope!!!!!
Post a Comment