I made these in four individual mugs, but ramekins or a bigger glass pan would be fine, too, if you wanted to make one dish to ladle from.
- frozen blueberries and raspberries, about 1/2 cup per person
- lemon juice and brown sugar for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped dried coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 large pieces of crystallized ginger, diced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (omit if you have salted butter or nuts)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- honey for drizzling (if your crumble topping ends up being a bit too salty like mine was)
Plop your frozen berries in the container(s) and sprinkle with lemon juice and sugar (mix in). In a separate mixing bowl, stir the almond flour, coconut, nuts, crystallized ginger, spices, brown sugar, and salt (if using) together.
Stir the melted butter into the dry mix and mash together with your fingers until it forms a crumble. This will make about 1/2 cup of topping for each mug or bowl. Spoon the crumble over each container and drizzle with a little honey if desired.
My microwave is 700 watts, about half the power of a normal American unit, so please check your manual and adjust the cooking time as needed. Each of these cups (and don't forget to cover with a paper towel or similar) took about 90 seconds. If you have an American microwave, I would try for half that time and see how it goes.
The topping ended up happily nutty and crunchy, and our tummies didn't complain either. Tart berries and a granola-like topping! I've already been asked to make this again, and I won't say no.