Our friends at Better Meat in Seattle were so good to us! This post is an ode to them, their knowledge of meat, their fun spirits, and their willingness to take crazy photos with us before we moved to Florida two months ago.
Just a few blocks from our house, it was an easy walk or scooter ride there, and a heavy backpacked mama walked home a little slower than she did on the way to the butcher's.
Using their grass-fed stewing beef, I came up with this yummerly dinner one night. It'll warm your wintry Seattle bones.
- about 8 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 lb. baby carrots
- 2 15-oz. cans whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced into wedges
- 3 cubes beef bouillon (no MSG!)
- 1 lb. grass-fed stewing beef
- dried Greek oregano (from the back garden)
- dried thyme
- basil paste
- bay leaf, torn in half
- 2-3 T. Marmite, stirred into 1 c. warm water
Toss it all in your slow cooker and savor the smell as you go in and out of the house all day.
We miss you, Better Meat blokes (and Sarah, too!)...
Post a Comment