She said it took her 9 years to perfect this recipe and the yum factor makes it all worth the while and wait. I paired it with whole-grain rotini and some parsley--this is the new black. (What? Anyway, whatever it is, it's going to be rotating frequently on our menu. You betcha.)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ red, orange or yellow sweet pepper, chopped (I used red)
- 1 T fresh garlic or 1 tspn garlic powder (fresh was superb)
- ½ C raw cashews
- 1 ½ t lemon or lime juice (used lemon)
- ½ - 1 t Dijon mustard (didn't have so opted for spicy brown Gulden's)
- 2 T Earth Balance (butter or margarine)
- 1 t salt
Make sure you double the ingredients, to start with. You want as much of this as possible.
Then cook the potato, carrot, onion, and sweet pepper in water till tender. Place the remaining ingredients plus 1/2 C of the veggie cooking water into your blender and blitz till smooth. Add the cooked veggies (with no broth) and blend again. (Save that leftover veggie cooking water to use for soup later--I froze mine in an ice cube tray.)
I have absolutely no idea how this is possible, but this was the cheesiest non-dairy food I've ever had. The color was red-cheddar-ish and the consistency was oh, so creamy.
Try it NOW. Or you'll be orange with envy.
YUM!!! I so needed this recipe in my life. Many, many thanks. :-)
Post a Comment