- ground pork, about 500 g
- garlic cloves, minced, about 5 or 6
- ginger, grated, about a 1-inch or 4-cm knob
- cooked rice (I used 3 cups, pre-cooked)
- 1 or 2 carrots, chopped finely
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- frozen peas, about 200 g
- salt and pepper to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, about 1 T.
- soy sauce, about 2 T.
- ketchup, about 1/4 cup
- cooking sake, about 2 T.
- turmeric, about 2 t.
- Japanese curry powder, about 1 T.
- 4 eggs, beaten
Saute the onions, carrots, cabbage, garlic, and ginger in a tablespoon of neutral-flavored oil, then add in the pork and stir till cooked through. Throw in those peas. Pour in the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, cooking sauce, and ketchup along with your spices, then add in the cooked rice. Cook till you get little crispy rice edges in some places, then pour over your beaten eggs, let set a few minutes, then stir again before serving.
If you need to do a little happy-taste-buds-dance, I won't stop you.