- 450 grams (about 1 pound) ground meat (I used a Japanese mixture of pork and beef)
- 1/4 c. almond flour (or binding flour of choice)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 t. each powdered ginger, garlic powder, and onion powder
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- 1/8 c. apple cider vinegar (I use organic with mother--very flavorful)
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- more pepper
- 1/2 t. each ginger and onion powders
- 1/2 c. Mitsuya Cider (or Sprite or ginger ale)
To make the meatballs, mix the meat, almond flour, salt and pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon each powdered ginger, garlic powder, and onion powder in a bowl, then form into balls.
For the sauce, in a separate bowl stir the ketchup, vinegar, mustard, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon each powdered ginger and onion powder, and Mitsuya Cider.
Cook the meatballs in a frying pan, turning after a little while to brown on both sides. When the meatballs are cooked through, add the sauce ingredients and simmer gently till warmed through. Lovely over rice with some avocado on the side.