So wonderful. So easy. So versatile. So more-ish!
We've had this guava BBQ sauce on roasted chicken, pork tenderloin, and over homemade meatballs and saffron rice. And all within one week.
Comes by way of AllRecipes and you can find the original recipe here.
OK, here's how I did it...
- a smidge of water
- about 1.5 cups rozen guava pulp (no sugar added)
- squirt of honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- a splash of white wine (I didn't have any rum)
- bit of ketchup (no tomato paste in the house)
- splosh of bottled lemon juice (ditto for fresh lemons)
- onion powder
- ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and pepper
Splash it all together and simmer in a pan till it reaches your desired consistency.
That's all, folks.
P.S. As you can see, I deviated quite a bit from the original ingredients listed. Ah well, such is life.
And life is YUMMY.
Post a Comment