- When I was growing up I vacillated between wanting to be a chef, a lawyer, a doctor, and the President of the United States.
- I'm not really a collector of anything (maybe just recipes), but I can do all kinds of things with my toes. Check this out:
Looks like a normal mama/baby scene, right?
And useful, too (not just for walking)...(Sorry, I know this is a food blog and you didn't come here to see my feet, but I just couldn't help myself.)
Let's see, where were we?
- I have a tendency to spontaneously buy plants. My wallet just seems to fly open if we pass a flower/plant shop and I seem to have no willpower to stop the money from just pouring out. Maybe I have some kind of oxygen deficiency.
- Lately I've been really really really not caring about whether I blog about food or not. Sorry, guys - or maybe you've been happy about that. Just other things on my mind, like moving to a different country. You know, little things like that.
- I've gotten into this reading rut - it seems like I only read parenting books these days, and even though I was an English major in college, I'm having a hard time remembering the last work of fiction that I devoured with my little brown orbs. Hmmmm. Make a note to remedy that (looking forward to libraries with books in ENGLISH again!).
- If you've never seen Next Stop Wonderland, rent it now, please! I adore that film! And don't forget to buy the soundtrack while you're at it - nice jazzy, Brazilian music mix.
- I must not be in a writing groove lately because this post took WAY too long to think up and write. Or maybe I'm avoiding the pile of dirty dishes in the sink. I think I'll have to go in the kitchen soon, though, because I'm having a serious craving for a peanut-butter ball. Be still, my expanding hips! I'm supposed to get into a bridesmaid dress in November...keeping my fingers crossed, my lips zipped, and my toes on red alert.
I'm passing this award on to Kim at Kim's Kantan Cooking (yummy food that you can make with ingredients available in Japan - and she's also my good friend), Joan at Foodalogue (always gorgeous photos of delectable, healthy food, and there's the Florida connection, too), and Tamakikat (cool photos of food and scenes around Kyoto).